In this section you can dowload
slide shows about our models and projects that the team members
have presented at different international scientific conferences,
meetings and workshop. Click in pdf
to download the files.
Forest models study
- Forestry, the environment and the
role of science. J.P. Kimmins, at the meeting with UBC Alumni
in Kelowna, BC, 2005. [pdf]
- Ecological succesion. J.P.
Kimmins, at the Nanjing Forestry University, R.P. China, 2006.
- Ecosystem management tenures. J.P.
Kimmins, at BC Forum in Vancouver, BC, 2007. [pdf]
- Management of forest complexity.
J.P. Kimmins at Faculty Research Seminar, UBC, Vancouver, 2007.
- Forest ecosystem management. J.P.
Kimmins at the XII World Forestry Congress in Quebec City, QC,
[pdf] 1.8 Mb
- Future forest ecosystems in B.C.
J.P. Kimmins and D. Meidinger, at the 6th NAFEW, Vancovuer, BC.
- Science in Forestry: Why does it
sometimes disappoint or even fail us? J.P. Kimmins, at PIWAS,
BC. 2006. [pdf] 2.4 Mb
- Ecosystem management modelling.
J.P. Kimmins, at the visit of Yunnan delegation to UBC, Vancouver,
BC, 2005. [pdf] 4.5
- Complexity in decision-support
tools. J.P. Kimmins, at Quebec, 2006. [pdf]
- Modelling forest ecosystem management
across scales. J.P. Kimmins, at the 5th NAFEW, Ottawa, ON.
- Bioenergy as an ecosystem management
product. J.P. Kimmins, at the IEA
Bioenergy Workshop, Vancouver, BC. 2006. [pdf]
- Integrating moisture competition
witthin an ecosystem simulation model: a description of ForWaDy.
B. Seely, C. Welham, J.P. Kimmins. 2004. [pdf]
- LLEMS – Local Landscape Ecosystem
Management Simulator. J.P. Kimmins, B. Seely, K. Scoullar,
D. Cavens, at CSC, Vancouver, BC. 2006. [pdf]
- LLEMS: an ecologically-based
spatially-explicit tool for assessing the implications of variable
retention management for selected indicators of Sustainable Forest
Management. B. Seely, J.A. Blanco, J.P. Kimmins, C. Welham,
K. Scoullar, at "Análisis espacial en ecología: Métodos y
aplicaciones", Alcoy, Spain. 2006. [pdf
in Spanish] 1.6 Mb
FOREST MODELS STUDY
- Hybrid poplar in Saskatchewan:
Projected long-term productivity and N dynamics using the FORECAST
model C. Welham, J.P. Kimmins,
K. van Reese, B. Seely, at the Poplar Council Meeting, Saskatoon,
SK. 2005. [pdf]
- Use of soil organic matter as a
tool to predict forest productivity at the stand and landscape
level. J.A. Blanco, B. Seely, C. Welham, J.P. Kimmins, J.
Bi., at the IUFRO LAndscape Ecology Conference, Chengdu, R.P.
China, 2008 [pdf]
- Testing the ecosystem-level forest
model FORECAST in North America and China. J.A. Blanco, B.
Seely, C. Welham, J. Bi, J.P. Kimmins, at the Int. Workshop on
Simulation of Ecosystem Productivity, Zhejiang, P.R. China, 2008.
- An integrated modelling approach
for the assessment of forest growth and development in the face
of climate change: A case study in the western boreal forest.
B. Seely, C. Welham, J.A. Blanco, J.P. Kimmins, at Prince George,
BC. 2008. [pdf]
- Aplicación de FORECAST, un modelo
ecosistémico híbrido, en rodales de Pinus caribaea var.
caribaea en Pinar del Río (Cuba). P. Haynes, J.A. Blanco,
E. Gonzalez, at the 4th SIMFOR, Pinar del Rio, Cuba. [pdf
in Spanish] 0.6 Mb
- The legacy of forest management
in tropical plantations: analyzing its influence with ecosystem
models. J.A. Blanco, E. Gonzalez, at the IUFRO World Conference,
Seoul, Korea. [pdf]